The season of entertaining is upon us. Here is a super easy tart that will serve as the perfect entree!
1 tbs butter
Splash of extra virgin olive oil
8 small beetroot cut in half and peeled
1tbs aged balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh thymes leaves or dried (more for garnish)
1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
80g of Dodoni Feta
1) Preheat oven to 200C.
2) Melt butter and a splash of extra virgin olive oil in a ovenproof frying pan (about 20cm in size) over medium-high heat.
3) Place the halved beetroots in and brown them for about 2mins.
4) Add the honey, balsamic vinegar and thyme, and cook for about 2mins until mixture thickens.
5) Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for about 5mins when it's out of oven. Increase oven to 220C.
6) Arrange beetroot evenly over base of pan. Make sure the cut sides are facing up.
7) Top with pastry and fold in excess.
8) Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto a plate.
9) Crumble over with dodoni feta and garnish with fresh thyme.