We love to use ingredients in the deli to cook our meals. This recipe uses several types of ingredients that sounds odd together, but works beautifully and is perfect for those who love spicy foods.
500g Rustichella d'Abruzzo Penne
130g Nduja (casing removed)
1 large Calamari (cleaned and sliced into rings)
1tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup diced brown onion
1 cup chopped kale (only the leaves)
1 small jar Yarra Valley Salmon Caviar
2 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbs chopped basil
Salt & Pepper
1) Boil a big pot of very salty water and cook the penne till it's al dente. Save a 1/2 cup of pasta water.
2) Heat extra virgin oil over medium heat and sauté the onions until they are soft.
3) Add the garlic with with a pinch of salt and sauté for another 2mins.
4) Add the nduja. Use the back of a spoon to break it all up into little pieces and fry for 2mins.
5) Add the calamari and fry until cook through, about 4-6mins.
6) Add in the chopped kale and cook for 1min.
7) Add cooked pasta with a 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water and mix thoroughly. Add more pasta water if you want it more sauce-y.
8) Finish off the dish with the red wine vinegar, basil and more seasoning (if required).
9) Plate the dish and top it off with a spoonful of Yarra Valley Salmon Caviar.